On Monday’s episode of The Colbert Report on Hulu, there was an author promoting her new book This Land is Their Land. The book’s premise is that the gap between the wealthy and the poor is growing wider. This got me to thinking… “Hey, I need to come up with an idea to make me extremely wealthy!” The goal here is to make certain that I never ever have to work again. Ever.
A few ideas:
- Write a book about my family and call it fiction (could be a best seller)
- Write a book about how to write books
- Sell a kit that teaches you to sell a kit that will make you rich quick
- Wait outside of bars in Manayunk and sell drunk college kids greasy food.
- Develop an herbal product (doesn’t matter what) and promote it on QVC: “The cure for _____!“
- A device which folds your clean laundry for you. [patent pending]
- Save a few pennies here and there until I manage to amass $1 million; die the next day…
As you can see, I need to give this a good bit more thought…